Full stack developer with more than 5 years of experience. Fast learner, confident and able to pick up new languages and technologies without problem. Eager to explore new things.
June 3, 2019 - present
- Something something something. Blah blah blah.
Stack: Python, Django, OpenShift, Docker, Java, Spring, Maven, Git, Redis, MongoDB, TeamCity
Avaloq Sourcing Asia Pacific
February 1, 2018 - May 31, 2019
- Develop and maintain several communication interfaces between Avaloq and client’s existing systems.
- Involved in resolving critical production issues, creating functional specifications documents, analysis, design, implementation and support.
- Produce documentations, sequence diagrams, use-case diagrams, deployment manual for future maintainability.
Stack: Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Maven, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, ActiveMQ, Websphere, Shell script
Clients: Deutsche Bank
Nanyang Technological University
- School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
June 9, 2016 - January 31, 2018
- Develop platform for a VR classroom.
- Web Application Interface written in Java, Spring for teachers to use to initiate and control the virtual classrooms. Web APIs are provided for mobile app requests.
- Control Server written in Node.js to delegate commands from the Web Application to all Mobile VR headsets. This server is in-charge of making sure all the VR devices are in sync.
- Mobile VR Application written in Unity3D for all students to install on their smartphone and equip as headsets. Students are able to respond and interact with the application.
- Manage the servers on Amazon AWS.
Stack: Java, C#, LUA, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Maven, Liquibase, JUnit, Unity3D, Git, Node.js
Clients: Ministry of Education, Nanyang Technological University
Aviation Virtual Pte Ltd
March 1, 2015 - June 8, 2016
3D Application Developer
- Virtual Reality
- Developed framework for the company’s C.A.V.E. virtual reality simulation on MiddleVR’s library, written in C#.
- Framework uses head tracking and finger tracking to allow user to interact better with the virtual world.
- Developed tools specifically designed for the company’s simulation requirements inside Unity3D.
- Augmented Reality
- Developed framework for the company’s augmented reality mobile application on top of the Vuforia library, written in C#.
- Exploring other AR/VR solutions, i.e. Oculus Rift, Sixsense, Samsung Gear VR, Google Cardboard.
- Making sure the framework is easy to use even for non-developers, such as artists to work on.
- Developed applications on top of the said frameworks for different clients based on their feedback and needs.
Stack: C++, C#, Unity3D, MiddleVR, Vuforia, Blender
Clients: MAJ Aviation, Singapore Changi, Singapore Jewel, BCA Academy
Hoiio Pte Ltd
February 24, 2014 - February 28, 2015
API Architect in-training
May 2014 - February 2015
- New API Architecture
- Migration of existing architecture into microservice architecture.
- Designing of the architecture of the microservice with the team. Microservices communicate via AMQP.
- Developing the base library to be used by the API Engineers for their different microservices.
- Developing a Maven archetype project for new microservice to be created upon.
- Deployment of microservices to Amazon AWS.
February 2014 - May 2014
- Maintain and update the existing API web services
- Added new features as requested by the customers.
- Written unit tests and integration tests.
- Migration of the project build tool from Ant to Maven.
Stack: Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, RabbitMQ, Liquibase, MySQL, Maven, Ant, Appfuse, Mockito, TestNG, Cucumber, Jenkins
Oh Tuesday Clothing
March 2014 - October 2014
Freelance Web Developer
- Developed an e-commerce website for the company, complete with PayPal integration and API web services for future mobile application integration.
- Conceptualize website design with client.
- Managed DNS, SSL certificates (for HTTPS), DKIM keys for email security.
- Deployment of the website to Amazon AWS.
Stack: Java, Spring, Hibernate, RabbitMQ, Liquibase, MySQL, Maven
October 2012 - November 2012, July 2013 - August 2013
- Developed interface on Sony’s prototype OHMD (Optical head-mounted display) to multiple sensors (i.e. proximity, gyroscope, accelerometer). Using an Arduino interfaced with an Android device for processing and displaying data back to the OHMD.
- Developed a musical digital playground using a Kinect and a Sphero. Users were able to draw and assign notes on to 3D space. An artist can then playback the notes assigned to the space while dancing to make music.
Stack: C++, Java, Arduino, Kinect, Android SDK, Maven, Unity3D
April 25, 2011 - June 30, 2012
Software Engineer Level 2: Job Grade 4
April 1, 2012 - June 30, 2012
Software Engineer Level 1: Job Grade 3
April 25, 2011 - May 31, 2012
- Globe Telecom GCash Web Services, Android, iOS and BlackBerry Application
- Assigned as the team lead of a 3 member team to develop the web services and Android application.
- Produce development timeline.
- Break project down into tasks and assign to team members.
- Coordinate with iOS and BlackBerry team to have a uniform, but native user interface
- Produce web services required by the 3 mobile platforms.
- Produce web services API documentation for future developers.
- Meet with client on a weekly basis.
- Developed prototypes and produce estimates for potential clients in early negotiation stage.
Clients: Globe Telecom, Otonavi, Waffle House, ZAP, Resorts World, Kenny Rogers, I Love Hong Kong, Diginoo, AsiaType, Axe
DLSP (De La Salle Philippines)
November 2009 - December 2010
Part-time Software Engineer
- Philippine 2010 Election Discrepancy Checker
- Made a program to detect discrepancy during the 2010 Philippine presidential election.
- Precinct, municipal and regional voter’s data was gathered from government officials.
- Actual data was crawled live during election, snapshots were also stored to detect any sudden fluctuations in votes.
- Continued development on our bachelor thesis software CoDeS (Collaborative Decision Support System).
Stack: Java, Hibernate, MySQL
DGDL (DLSU Game Development Lab)
June 2009 - November 2009
Part-time Game Developer
- Developed a game called Plutopia, a facebook game to raise awareness on social accountability.
- Responsible for developing the server for the game, game’s client library and implementing Facebook’s API into the game.
Stack: ActionScript, Java, MySQL, Adobe Flash SDK
Clients: Affiliated Network for Social Accountability (ANSA)
Azeus Systems Philippines Limited
April 17, 2008 - May 31, 2008
Intern Software Engineer
- Time logging System on a Distributed Database.
- Team consist of 5 members, responsible for synchronizing the distributed database.
Stack: ActionScript, Adobe Flex SDK, PL/SQL, Oracle DB
Mega Man Legends Fan Game [view]
2009 - 2011, 2016
- My personal learning project
- Initially built from ground up with C++ and DirectX (until 2011), to help me understand more about 3D data processing in real time.
- It was later (2016) migrated to Unity3D to help me learn the functionality of the engine.
Stack: C++, C#, DirectX, .NET, HSLS, Unity3D, Blender
Mega Man Fan Game in C.A.V.E. System [view]
- 3D fan game project for the C.A.V.E. system, built on top of Unity3D and MiddleVR SDK, written in C#.
Stack: C#, Unity3D, Blender
2007 - 2008
- Started as a school project then later continued development and submitted to and won in a game development competition.
Stack: Java, Adobe Flash
Ph.D in Computer Science
July 25, 2012 - November 11, 2013
- Incomplete, 12 units taken.
MSc in Computer Science
September 14, 2009 - April 13, 2011
- Cumulative GPA: 3.5 out of 4
- Thesis: Keyword Extraction for Very High Dimensional Datasets Using Random Projection as Key Input Representation Scheme [view]
BSc in Computer Science
with specialization in Software Technology
May 22, 2006 - September 5, 2009
- Cumulative GPA: 2.991 out of 4
- Thesis: CoDeS (Collaborative Decision-support System) [view]
- Most Outstanding Thesis Award: Gold
- Dean's Lister
- SY 2006-2007: Term 1
- SY 2006-2007: Term 3
- SY 2008-2009: Term 1
- SY 2009-2010: Term 1
February 2012 - April 2012
Programming a Robotic Car CS373
- by Prof. Sebastian Thrun
October 2011 - December 2011
Machine Learning [Advance Track]
- by Prof. Andrew Ng
Introduction to Artificial Intelligence [Advance Track]
- by Prof. Sebastian Thrun and Prof. Peter Norvig
Introduction to Databases [Advance Track]
- by Prof. Jennifer Widom
Seminars / Talks Conducted
Shader Programming (DevCon)
November 25, 2011
- University of the Assumption - Pampanga
3D Game Development (DevCon)
November 23, 2011
- De La Salle University - Manila
Android Programming Overview
November 18, 2011
- Mapua Intstitute of Technology
Java Programming Overview
November 18, 2011
- Mapua Intstitute of Technology
Java Programming Tutorial
March 13, 2009
- De La Salle University - Manila
Dy, J. B. S., & Azcarraga, A. P. (2011, March).
Using Random projection as Key Input Representation Scheme for K-means Clustering.In PCSC 2011: 11th Philippine Computing Science Congress.
Dy, J. B. S. (2011).
Keyword Extraction for Very High Dimensional Datasets using Random Projection as Key Input Representation Scheme.Master's thesis, De La Salle University - Manila.
Azcarraga, A. P., & Dy, J. B. S. (2010, March).
A Social Networking System for Medical Education and Training.In Proceedings of Touchpoint 2010 1st International Conference on Technology in Education (p. 63-70).
Chiu, C. V. R., Dy, J. B. S., Lee, P. J. E., Liu, M. D. S., & Azcarraga, A. P. (2010, March).
Idea Generation using Web-based Collaborative Decision-Making System.In PCSC 2010: 10th Philippine Computing Science Congress.
Dy, J. B. S., Liu, M. D., Syliongka, L. R., Laureano, P., & Roxas, R. E. (2010, March).
MDDT: Model Driven Development Tool as Aid for Learning Programming Fundamentals.In PCSC 2010: 10th Philippine Computing Science Congress.
Chiu, C. V. R., Dy, J. B. S., Lee, P. J. E., & Liu, M. D. S. (2009, October).
Collaborative Decision Support System.De La Salle University - Manila. (Undergraduate thesis).
HackerRank - HourRank 26 [view]
- Gold - Rank 107 out of 2914
February 2, 2018
TechnoBiz Idea Challenge Regular Category
- 2nd Place
February 24, 2010
Association for Computing Machinery Inter-Collegiate Programming Competition (ACM-ICPC) Asia Manila
- 15th Place
October 23, 2009
2nd Philippine Association for Computing Machinery Inter-Collegiate Programming Competition (ACM-ICPC)
- 7th Place
November 22, 2008
- 1st Place
February 23, 2008
1st Philippine Association for Computing Machinery Inter-Collegiate Programming Competition (ACM - ICPC)
- 7th Place
October 20, 2007
U Got Game X3m Xpo
- 2nd Place
September 22, 2007